Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, March 14, 2009

Friday the 13th - Delivery Day!





First photo.


In the room waiting.
Arriving at the hospital.

So, apparently this baby (unlike Gianna) was taking his sweet time making an appearance. Due to this, I decided to get induced on my due date. We arrived at the hospital at 5AM, and made it to a room a little before 6. I had been 4cm dilated at my last prenatal visit, so I figured things might move kind of fast. At 6:00 AM they started the pitocin infusion. I felt ok until about 8:25 am when I noticed that contractions really hurt and they were coming every 1 - 2 minutes. The doctor came to break my water around 8:45am and then the anesthesiologist came. I was having horrible contractions by then, and it took all my willpower not to move during the placement of the epidural. They were done putting in the epidural around 9:25am - but I noticed no difference in the contractions. The doctor said it could take 20 minutes to "kick in". Well, at about 9:40 I realized that the baby was about to pop out. So, the nurses checked me and, surprise, I was right. So, they called the doctor back and I pushed for about 15 minutes and out came the baby! I think the epidural kicked in somewhere around the last push. So, nearly a natural childbirth although not by my choice.



No comments: