Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, September 13, 2008

Houston - Disaster Zone

Currently, I am in Portland visiting my sister and her baby. So cute...I will definitely be posting pictures later. Matt and Gianna stayed in Houston to make sure the house and pets were ok with the upcoming storm. Well, I was skeptical, but Matt was correct. Apparently our neighborhood is a mess. One of the trees in our backyard (a very large tree) fell over and crashed through our attic into the garage. Unfortunately, our garage is actually my closet. We are not sure of the total extent of the damage because Matt did not want to poke around in there while Gianna was in the house. All power and water is out, so Matt took Gianna and went to his mom's house about and hour and a half away. They are staying there until Monday. I come back on Monday and I am expected to report back to work as ususal on Tuesday (I got confirmation on this from my boss). So, I am not sure what exactly we'll do without power. Hopefully they will be super quick getting power back to our area. Anyway, I will post soon when I can with photos of the baby and the damage to our house. Thanks Matt for taking care of everything!

No comments: