Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, April 6, 2008

9-month Doctor Visit

Gianna had her 9-month doctor visit on Friday, April 4th. Here are the stats:

Weight: 15lbs 13 ounces (5th percentile)

Height: 28 inches (60th percentile)

She has gained exactly 2 lbs and 2 inches since her 6-month visit. It is funny because the patients I work with are always asking me how my baby is doing. And I'll show them pictures. Nearly all of them say something to the effect of, "She's a big girl". I try explaining that, in fact, she is very small for her age, but they just don't seem to believe me. Then one patient tried telling me she was developmentally behind because she's not walking quite yet. It is kind of annoying because I know that's not true and a lot of kids don't walk until they are over a year old. Some people just think they are right all the time and you cannot convince them otherwise. Anyway, if she looks like a big girl in these photos, rest assured she is actually small. This is good for me because I have been carrying her so much lately that this is a blessing.

The other thing we found out at her appointment is that she has a double ear infection. I felt like the worst mom ever when the doctor told me this. Now it makes sense why she hasn't been sleeping well. I am hoping now that she is on medication she will start feeling better soon.

She must be a really good baby because I know how painful ear infections can be and she hasn't been that fussy. Poor little Gianna.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Allison-- don't feel like a bad mom--we have not recognized any of Noelle's infections. For all 3 of them, the daycare has recommended that we see the doctor, and sure enough, all 3 times she had an infection. I hope that solves your nighttime woes!!

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear about Gianna's ear infections. What a trooper she is! Sean has been waking up 2-3 times a night as well and I assumed it was his teeth, but now I am thinking we should see his doc just in case...

You're a great mom! Gianna is happy and healthy and has a wonderful disposition. We can see it in all these beautiful photos here.

Allison said...

Thanks for the encouraging comments. It helps to hear from other moms whose children have been through some of the same. I definitely need all the advice I can get!