Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

First Doctor's Visit



Gianna had her first visit to the doctor today. I thought she was still pretty small...she now weighs 5 pounds and 11 ounces which puts her in the 5th percentile for weight. She is, however, in the 25th percentile for height (19 and 1/2 inches). I never thought I would have a baby this tiny, but the physician wasn't concerned. Gianna had blood drawn from her foot to test for various disorders. She was very unhappy about this and screamed for quite a while. That is why she looks so emotionally drained in the second photo. Right now, though, she seems happy and is sleeping in her bassinet.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Allison, Lucy was 5 pounds, 11 ounces at birth and was about 5 lbs, 5 oz when we left the hospital. But she's a big girl now and Gianna will be too!

Anonymous said...

Hello Torregrossa's!! Congrats on baby Gianna. She is soo cute! I have a little something that I'd like to send but I don't have your address. Can you send it to me? lindseydougherty@hotmail.com
I'm counting down the days till my little Jr. arrives... he's due on Sunday or they'll induce me on Thursday the 26th. I'll keep you posted!

Anonymous said...

Katrina--thanks, that makes me feel a lot better. Gianna seems so little right now, but I am sure it will change soon!