Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, May 28, 2007

Baby Brain

So, last Wednesday (May 23rd), I rear-ended a woman driving a Jaguar. Yes, a Jaguar. She was not very pleasant to me. Not only did she not ask if I was ok (I am pregnant, after all), she went on to tell me that she was having spinal injections and "this is not going to help!" Later I asked if she was feeling ok. The answer I was given was, "NO!" So, I calmly waited for the police, who she insisted on calling. When they arrived, they were SOOOO nice to me and offered to follow me home to make sure I got there ok. They didn't even mention the fact that my inspection was 2 months overdue (I should have gotten a ticket) and seemed more concerned that me and the baby were ok. I tell you, being pregnant was definitely good in that situation. So, because I drive a PT Cruiser my car was undrivable and is still in the shop. The Jaguar looked fine to me. I think I saw a quarter-size dent and some minor scratches. The bottom line is, I have no idea how I actually missed the fact that traffic was stopped! And now I believe everyone who says you get stupid when you're pregnant.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This was my "baby brain" moment. I rented a car to use for an appointment and it was due back the next day. Three days later I was opening the door to my house and saw the car key on my key chain. I thought, "That's funny, I returned the car but not the key." On my way to return the key, I suddenly thought, "Wait, I did return the car, right?" I walked down the block, and there it was parked! That's pure baby brain. But at least I didn't have to deal with the woman in the Jaguar!